Many people find art and art galleries intimidating. We want to change that.
We’ve seen so much talent on Instagram, but we know it’s a big step from there to printing work for an exhibition. We want to change that too.
Art for Everyone aims to engage the broader community—young, old, local, not-so-local, artists, photographers and happy snappers—in a project that inspires creativity.
Phase 1: Post images to Instagram
Over 3 months starting on 1 October, you’re invited to get creative with your smartphone or digital camera. Participating in the project will be as simple posting photos to Instagram, using a special hashtag. We’ll announce the hashtag on 30 September.
Workshops to help you get started
We’re running a series of FREE workshops for those who feel like they need a little help. These are funded by the Shire of Campaspe, so they’ll be held in locations around the shire (but the project is open to everyone – regardless of where you live).
- Intro to Instagram. Our short workshops will help you install the app on your phone or tablet, and show you how it works.
- Creative smartphone photography. If you’d like to learn to improve your photography, our workshops will help. We’ve engaged professional photographers who’ll share their expertise with you.
See Get Involved for dates (from 30 September), locations and registration.
Phase 2: Visit the exhibition
The project will culminate in an exhibition in the Community Gallery at the Kyabram Town Hall, in February and March 2018.
We’ll print around 300 images (mostly 145mm square, the fantastic Maxi size from Photify) for the exhibition. And we’ll include more images in a digital display.
If your work is printed for the exhibition, we’ll let you know. And we’d love to see you at the gallery.
Peoples’ Choice Prize
Through Art for Everyone we want to:
- Inspire creativity
- Encourage broader participation in the arts
- Make it easier for new and emerging artists to exhibit work
- Bring a wider range of people into the Kyabram Town Hall galleries.
Find out how to get involved.